Top 8 Strongest Pre-Workout Supplements For High Energy 2018
A lot of people have asked me about the strongest pre-workout available on the market today. This is because it’s challenging to endure a great session in the gym without crashing down. You need a boost to make the most of your time when working out at the gym.
There are a lot of pre-workout supplements that promise to give you insane energy, focus, and strength. But let’s face it, not all of them are true because some average brands are only as powerful as energy drinks. Fortunately, I have compiled a list of effective pre-workout formulas that you can use along with a helpful buyer’s guide.
Top 8 Picks
1. Editor’s Pick - The Best Product: Relentless Pre-Workout Supplements Powder For Men/Women
The Relentless Pre-Workout Supplement Powder provides the right mix of caffeine, 2-Aminioisoheptane, and Alpha-Yohimbine to maintain high energy levels without the crash.
The combination of L-Citrulline and theobromine makes the nitric oxide activator to improve blood flow and widen blood vessels. This makes Relentless the strongest pre-workout as it provides a powerful pump to endure the entire workout session.
I like that this product offers a full ingredient transparency. This makes me aware of the exact amount of ingredients that I’m taking. This creatine-free formula is tested by a third party to ensure the integrity of ingredients plus it offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee for that risk-free purchase.
- Offers a transparency of ingredients
- Made with high-quality and tested ingredients
- Offers a 100% money back guarantee
- Has an amazing flavor
- Features the right amount of caffeine and nitric oxide for increased energy
- Clinically dosed and non-proprietary blend
- May cause several side effects such as a headache, stomachache, and runny nose
- The formula may be too strong for some people
2. Runner Up/Alternative Pick - The Second Best Product: GAT Clinically Tested Nitraflex, Testosterone Enhancing Pre-Workout Supplement
GAT Nitraflex is a creatine-free formula which means no bloating or water retention. It helps delay fatigue, support healthy testosterone levels, and increase intensity. This makes it ideal for those who have hit a training plateau. Each time you use this pre-workout supplement, you can expect to perform more reps, achieve bigger pumps, and lift heavier weights.
This pre-workout formula is made of powerful ingredients, such as Yohimbe, Caffeine, and Theanine. All of which help increase energy and focus. It’s clinically studied to boost your bench press by 5-10 pounds in 14 days.
- Made of potent and powerful ingredients
- Clinically tested to boost performance and strength
- Doesn’t contain creatine which may cause bloating
- Gives the right energy without the crash
- Mixes well and tastes fantastic
- Doesn’t give the jitters and fast heartbeat
- The powder will turn rock hard after some time
- May cause body odor after long-term use
- May cause dizziness and other side effect
3. Budget Pick - The Best Product With Limited Budget: Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy With Green Tea And Green Coffee Extract Preworkout Supplement
Optimum Nutrition Essential Amino Energy contains caffeine and amino acids to boost your energy during a workout. This formula uses natural caffeine from green tea and/or coffee bean extract to help increase energy and focus. You can control the amount of caffeine dosage depending on your needs.
If you like to achieve a mild energy level, use two scoops of this pre-workout supplement. This will give 5 grams of amino level an 100 mg of caffeine. Use four scoops of powder for moderate energy level and six scoops for intense energy level. Be careful of your caffeine intake and don’t use over 10 scoops daily.
- Easy to mix with water
- Doesn’t give the jitters and crash afterward
- Contains caffeine from natural sources
- Has a very good price
- Contains amino acids for better focus
- Doesn’t offer that much energy kick that I had hoped for
- The taste is too sweet
- May give an upset stomach
4. Upgrade Pick - The Highest Quality Product With High Price: Legion Pulse Pre-Workout Supplement
Legion Pulse is one of the strongest pre-workout supplement as it contains beta-alanine, a clinically proven ingredient that significantly increases endurance. It combines citrulline malate and theanine to make a great nitric oxide booster to give great pumps each workout.
For each serving, you’ll get six scientifically proven ingredients: beta alanine, citrulline, ornithine, betaine, theanine, and anhydrous caffeine.
This creatine-free formula is 100% natural because it contains no artificial junk like fillers and artificial food colors. This means you get to have a smooth pre-workout energy rush that drives you up without crashing. If you’re not satisfied with the pre-workout supplement, you can ask a refund within 90-days of purchase.
- Guarantees no jitters, upset stomach, and post-workout energy crashes
- Contains clinical dosage of scientifically proven ingredients
- Offers a 90-day money back guarantee
- Naturally sweetened and flavored
- Tested by a third party facility for quality control
- The price is expensive
- Has an awful taste and aftertaste
5. Niche Pick - The Best Pre-Workout Thermogenic Fat Burner: Evlution Nutrition ENGN SHRED Pre-Workout
The Evlution Nutrition ENGN SHRED Pre-Workout Formula is made to power intense workouts while also supporting fat loss. Its key ingredients include L-Carnitine, Yohimbe Bark Extract, and L-Tyrosine. It also uses caffeine from natural green tea extracts and B Vitamin Complex for maximum energy.
Aside from high energy and strength, Evlution ENGN SHRED also promotes better mental clarity. This creatine-free formula is made of high-quality ingredients produced in an FDA-approved facility. This means high-quality standards. You can also enjoy its amazing flavors that will suit your taste.
- Made in an FDA-approved facility
- Composed of high-quality ingredients for strength, fat loss, and energy
- Made with natural ingredients
- Doesn’t contain creatine that will make you feel bloated
- Has a good taste
- May cause headaches, vomiting, and even insomnia
- Doesn’t mix well with any solution
6. Niche Pick - The Best Pre-Workout For High Performance: ALTIUS Pre-Workout Supplement
Altius is the ultimate high-performance pre-workout formula because it boosts energy, strength, pumps, and strength. It contains no artificial food color, sweeteners, or proprietary blends. This means all natural goodness for your health without the jitters.
This creatine supplement is made with premium ingredients that are clinically proven to be effective. These premium ingredients include caffeine for energy, citrulline malate for strength, and beta alanine for endurance. If for any reason you’re not satisfied with the product, you can ask for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
- Naturally sweetened to taste refreshing
- Made of high-quality and clinically dosed ingredients
- Made of natural ingredients without any artificial junk
- Manufactured in an NSF-certified facility for high-quality standards
- Offers a 30-day money back guarantee
- Contains creatine which may cause weight gain and bloat
- The taste seems to be bitter
- May cause diarrhea and stomachache
7. Niche Pick - The Best Natural Pre-Workout Supplement: RARI Nutrition Infinity 100% Natural Pre-Workout Powder
RARI Nutrition Infinity is the best natural pre-workout supplement because it only contains clinically dosed healthy ingredients proven to give maximum power and performance.
Each ingredient is scientifically dosed to provide maximum benefits without any fillers. It’s creatine-free as well so I believe that it offers no or fewer side effects.
This pre-workout supplement gives sustainable clean and natural energy without the shakes, jitters, or crashing. Not only does it offer high energy but it also pumps peak high levels of nitric oxide for focus. You can get a refund if you’re not happy with the product.
- Provides a 100% money back guarantee
- Manufactured in a GMP-certified lab
- Made of 100% natural ingredients
- Creatine-free and filler-free
- Clinically dosed to be safe and effective
- May cause headaches and stomach problems
- Seems to have a terrible taste
8. Niche Pick - The Best Pre-Workout Supplement For Muscle Building: NITROSURGE Pre-Workout Supplement
NITROSURGE Pre-Workout Supplement is a top choice for muscle building because it contains the most effective ingredients, such as beta alanine, caffeine, and theanine. It promotes high nitric oxide levels and blood flow to support muscle growth. While it promotes pumps and energy, this scientifically dosed supplement is designed to give you maximum strength during your workout.
You can bet on its safety and quality because Nitrosurge is made in an NSF-certified facility. This creatine-free formula also promises to peak your energy without the jitters and crash. Also, you can have a risk-free purchase through its 30-day money back guarantee.
- Offers a 30-day money back guarantee
- Provides a lot of benefits such as high energy, muscle growth, and strength
- Made in an NSF-certified facility
- Created with potent and powerful ingredients
- Promises no jitters and shakes
- May cause dizziness and skin itching
- The taste seems to be terrible
What Is A Pre-Workout Supplement?
A pre-workout supplement helps you achieve optimal results in training. It can also help push an athlete beyond his or her limits. The strongest pre-workout may contain one or more ingredients that will boost your energy, focus, and strength.
Pre-workouts can be described in two classes:
1. Pre-workout Supplements With Creatine
Creatine is a popular ingredient in sports performance products. This ingredient can help increase your strength and power by synthesizing adenosine triphosphate (ATP) at a quicker rate. When you drink more water, you can achieve a more defined appearance with thicker muscles.
However, creatine may cause water retention and weight gain if you take too much. You also become more prone to dehydration since this ingredient prevents the absorption of water into your cells.
2. Creatine-free Supplements
This type of supplements is formulated without the creatine ingredient. This is also categorized into two types: natural pre-workouts and proprietary blends. Obviously, the natural variety uses natural ingredients, like vegetable sources, caffeine, and vitamin B12.
Proprietary blends, on the other hand, use different ingredients. Instead of using clinical doses of ingredients, they group the ingredients together hoping that consumers don’t notice. The lack of transparency gives a strong doubt to consumers and makes me feel iffy.
Ingredients That Power The Strongest Pre-Workout Supplements
Amino Acids (Taurine And/Or Tyrosine)
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins which help deliver oxygen to your muscles. This result to less muscle damage after a strenuous workout. When mixed with other ingredients in a pre-workout formula, they can boost your recovery time between workouts.
Taurine is necessary for muscle contractions and other physiological processes. When taken before a workout, every rep will become more effective and powerful. Tyrosine works almost similarly but it can also help you feel more focused and alert.
Nitric Oxide (NO2)
Nitric oxide might be one of the most famous ingredients found in the strongest pre-workout supplement. Its main function is to decrease the amount of lactic acid your muscles generate as you workout. Keep in mind that lactic acid can bring a quick end to your session when they’re produced by your muscles.
This ingredient increases the time in pushing yourself, which enables you to get the most of your workout. Best of all, it helps prevent fatigue and post-workout pain, enabling you to have a quick recovery.
If you wish to increase your total load, then look for betaine anhydrous ingredient. This ingredient is necessary to deliver oxygen to your muscles at an improved rate. As a result, you’ll gain more strength and boast better protein synthesis.
This vitamin is essential for the production of new red blood cells, which are important for the delivery of oxygen and nutrients. According to the study of the University of Maryland Medical Center, taking a high amount of vitamin B12 may give you more energy and less fatigue. Just make sure that you don’t take it in its pill form because it will reduce its bioavailability.
Another potent ingredient that you should look for in a strong pre-workout formula is caffeine. This ingredient helps uplift your mood and makes you feel more alert during a workout session. Just make sure that you don’t take too much because it can increase cardiac activity.
What To Look For
Trusted And Tested Ingredients
The best pre-workout supplement should only contain high quality and clinically proven ingredients. If you don’t like to have jitters or any side effects, opt for all natural ingredients.
Stay away from high amounts of creatine because it may cause potential risks such as kidney damage, dehydration, and weight gain.
It’s also important that the brand presents a full ingredient transparency. This is to make sure that you know the exact amount of ingredients you’re consuming. To spot any contaminants and ensure the integrity of ingredients, the best brands use credible facilities to conduct a third party testing.
Money Back Guarantee
A money back guarantee or satisfaction guarantee simply means that you’ll get a refund if you’re not satisfied with the quality of the product. This will give you peace of mind when trying a new pre-workout supplement. Just make sure that you read the terms well so you won’t have problems when returning it.
You might think that this a trivial matter but the flavor can make a big difference. You’ll have more motivation to drink the pre-workout supplement if it tastes good. Many brands are made with different flavors, like strawberry lemonade, fruit punch, and mixed berry blast.
As shown above, the strongest pre-workout supplement is the Relentless Pre-Workout Supplement Powder. This creatine-free formula is made of high-quality ingredients to boost energy and mental focus such as caffeine, nitric oxide, and vitamin B12. It’s made of trusted and tested ingredients with full transparency.
Relentless also offers a money back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the quality. Aside from getting a high surge of energy, you’ll enjoy its amazing taste. I choose Relentless over its other competitors because it contains the most potent stimulants at a reasonable price and it’s tested with a third-party facility.
If you’ve tried any of these pre-workout supplements or want to suggest a better brand, let us know in the comment section. You can also share this article with your friends and family if you like it.